All the topics you’re not supposed to discuss in polite company!
Liberal Lore may feature posts about:
- U.S. politics. Lorelei is a progressive.
- Feminism. Kindly do not annoy everyone with “what about the men?” posts. Please Google “Feminism 101″ if you are confused.
- Atheism. Lorelei does not care what your personal beliefs might be; this is not all about you.
- Internet culture. Lorelei has probably already seen that meme. Yes, she likes cats and bacon.
- Urban legends. It is recommended that you acquaint yourself with Snopes.com.
- Equal rights. Yes, that includes non-straight, non-white, non-religious people.
- Paralegal stuff. I’m working on a career change, since my MA and two BAs have been fairly useless so far. I’ll post discussions and papers for which my instructors gave me a good grade. They are likely to be very boring (but informative). WARNING: My college uses several popular plagiarism checkers, all of which store my writing in perpetuity, so it is not advised that you copypasta my writing and submit it for a class. You will get busted.
Some other topics that might be discussed:
- Poverty. If you want to know how to make soup out of 57 sauce and pepper, you may find out.
- Books. I’m partial to non-fiction and dystopias, and heartily dislike Twilight et al.
- Weird or bizarre news stories.
- Introversion. ”The world is too much with us, late and soon…” Sometimes I need to go hide and lick my wounds for a while, alone.
- Depression. See also: Poverty and Un(der)employment, plus a heaping helping of wonky brain chemicals thanks to my father’s side of the family.
- The arts. I like Photoshop, and also have been known to do some cartoons and illustrations from time to time.
- Music. I like Britpop and indie stuff.
- Cults (Scientology especially). PROTIP: Do not join a cult. You’re welcome.
- Gadgets. Right now I am not able to buy any, but I still like the shinies.
- Psychology. Human beings are weird.
- Anglophilia. If I became a millionaire overnight, I’d leave cartoon vapor trails behind while moving to London.
- Social networking. I love/hate it.
- Exotic pets. Expect commentary about my pet (Murphy the ferret) in particular.
- Stupidity. This should generate a lot of discussion. It’s not in short supply.
- Family wangst. All families are crazy to a degree; mine is loving and wonderful but could still win medals.
- SCIENCE! It’s a good thing.
- Rants. I’m actually a kind and patient person (or so I am told), but I get grouchy and vent now and then. In truth, I don’t bite.
- Miscellaneous stuff.
WARNING: Blog contains adult language and crankiness. If you are allergic to either, do not consume.